Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brand Profile: Spotted Horse

When you're reading this blog, there's like a 95% chance you're now wearing your favorite pair of Samurai, Flat Head, APC or some other brand. You are wearing them because you like the falling of the indigo, and the unique pattern that shows up with the years. However, there are also people who are either lazy, have a salaryman lifestyle or can't stick to a couple of jeans. For those, there is the company Spotted Horse from Osaka, Japan.

13 years ago the founder of SH liked wearing his jeans from a raw state, and noticed that all the stone washed jeans available then weren't to his liking. Sure, they were faded, but not in a way like you would've worn them yourself. He then invented the 'Magic Wash'. All the jeans are distressed by hand, creating one-of-a-kind washes. I gotta say I'm impressed with the washes, they look pretty authentic. Still, it's not the 3d effect you get from wearing jeans yourself.

Also, Spotted Horse offers a Make Over service. You can bring in your own unfaded jeans or denim jacket, and let them customize it for you.




http://www.spottedhorsecraft.co.jp/english.html

3 comments:

  1. I love the "However, there are also people who are either lazy, have a salaryman lifestyle or can't stick to a couple of jeans."
    I never have that problem. I have over 100 pairs of prem denim and I always seem to wear the same ones. This summer has been all about HUDSON! I think it's because it's a nice light weight denim for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love these jeans! They have been on my radar and a Google search turned up your blog post. Glad to see them on someone and hear such positive feedback. Not sure where I can find them in the US. Www.Denimio.Com

    ReplyDelete